How To Wash Your Hair Like a Boss
WASHING HAIR IS AN ART FORM
We know you’ve been washing your hair forever and you basically have it down pat. It’s just that sometimes after washing your hair it still feels dry, Your colour keeps draining out faster then usual, it looks dull and lifeless and it is not doing as it’s told. If this is the case then read on and see if there is anything that may help tweak your routine and get you washing like a Boss!
Here at Koko’s Haven we wash a lot of Hair and while we wash and care for our clients, our aim is to give you the best information when you take your stunning hair home so you can have long lasting results. Although we tell our clients this information, it is everyday advise for everyone who washes their hair.
SO LET’S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!!
1. You do not need to wash your hair every day , this will just strip your hair of the good oils and nutrients your scalp tries to distribute to it. If you can avoid it, no more then 3 times a week, be kind to your hair it’s what frames your gorgeous smile. If you are a sweater or work out quite a bit look for a good dry shampoo for in-between washes and I mean Good.. 🤗
2. When washing your hair use a quality SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER make sure it is suited for your hair type. These types of Shampoos and Conditioners can always be found at your Hair Dresser. Your Stylist is way more then willing to point you in the right direction because using these products makes their job easier AND there is no second guessing how your service will turn out when you visit for a cut and colour. WINNING‼️ It may cost a little more to use these products but you use less of the product to do the work. WINNING AGAIN‼️
3. Rinse your hair thoroughly wth warm water not hot as this will dehydrate your hair. Be sure the hair is drenched and ready to get your wash on. 🤗
4. Shampoo twice MASSAGE the scalp letting the shampoo run down the hair take your time with the first wash and run the second wash over to give it a final clean.
5. Condition once starting at the ends and avoiding the scalp (this can irritate a few Scalp conditions (like dandruff and scoriasis) especially if you don’t wash it off properly. Leave the conditioner on for at least 5 – 7 mins to give your hair some love and allow the conditioner to work its magic..
💡SUGGESTION: while waiting for conditioner to work, wash yourself or get out of the shower, wrap a towel around you and dance around the house to your fav music !! 💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺
💡SUGGESTION: Once a week or Fortnight treat your hair by swapping the conditioner for a hair mask
6. Wash the conditioner out of your hair thoroughly and give it a good towel dry. Dry to at least 50% before brushing your hair and if your hair tends to be knotty or dry then:
7. Add some goodness ❤️back in once it’s towel dried to eliminate breakage when you brush it for example:
8. Always, always use medium heat and for as minimal time as possible as this will dehydrate your hair if done on a regular basis.. YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT GURL!! 🤩🤣
NOW STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR AND TELL YOURSELF YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM 😍😍
You will be the envy of all your GF’s because your hair’s on fleek!! FOR REAL!
💡MUCH LOVE MY FRIENDS
Tracey and the KH Team